The patient has a right to:
- Be treated in a civil and courteous manner by all practice staff at all times.
- A timely appointment with an appropriate clinical member of staff.
- See the doctor of their choice wherever possible.
- Be able to speak to receptionist in private if so desired.
- To receive repeat prescriptions within 2 working days of submission to the surgery.
- Request for a chaperone for personal safeguard.
The patient has a responsibility to:
- Treat all members of practice staff in a civil and courteous manner at all times. Any act of violence, abuse, or aggression towards anyone on the practice premises i.e. other patients or any member of staff, will result in immediate removal from the practice list and, where necessary, police involvement.
- Attend pre-booked appointments with any clinician within the practice.
- Give sufficient prior notice to the practice if they are unable to attend an appointment.
- Give 2 working days notice for any repeat medication required.
Please note all telephone calls in to and out of the surgery are recorded for monitoring and training purposes.