NHS direct Wales offers telephone advice from nurses 24 hours a day and also has an on-line enquiry service. In addition, they have information about access to pharmacies and dentists and links to health information.
Patient.info is full of health information and news.
- The NHS Fit for Travel web site gives health information on specific destinations.
- The NHS Wales web site also has a travel section. It includes information on the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- The Foreign Office's web site provides official safety advice.
- MASTA runs private travel clinics. Their service can be useful for particularly complicated or exotic travel plans.
- The National Travel Health Network's web site has further travel health tips and allows you to search for yellow fever vaccination clinics.
- The NHS immunisation web site has detailed information on the official UK schedule. This page has information on the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine, which is given to teenage girls to help prevent cervical cancer.
Contraception and sexual health
- Family Planning Association is a long-established national charity that provides information and help about contraception.
- The Sex Worth Talking About web site is run by the NHS and has information on preventing and treating sexual infections. NB. This site is designed for young adults and contains explicit language.
- Sex and Young People is another site providing frank sex advice for young people.
- The local NHS Health Board provides Sexual Health services, including help with contraception and sexual infections, that complement those we offer here. Find out more detail on their web site.
Web sites of NHS organisations